Monday 11 February 2013

Rob Morgan's Diggers Dozen vinyl mix


I played Diggers Dozen last week at Alibi on Dalston's glittering high street, a night where 12 keen record diggers select 12 (a dozen) tracks from their vinyl collection and play them to other dusty finger vinyl perverts.
The records being played were astonishingly good, everyone pulled out gem after nugget after killer track after fist-bistingly good tune; the kind of night which makes you get all insecure about the size and quality of your own record collection.

Max, who hosted the night, has put up every DJs performance from the night, which you can check on his mixcloud. I haven't listened to them all but I can tell you that everyone is pure gold, check it out
http://www.mixcloud.com/diggersdozen/ 

Have a listen to my mix below, I fell short of the 30 minute time limit so could only present the 11 tracks below, I have however added my deleted 12th track for you to download.

If you're into hard rock, proto-metal, garage punk and fuzz, you could well dig on this dozen


Tracklisting 
Fontanelle – Traumaturge
Jean-Pierre Mirouze – Tivoli By Night
Ty Segall Band – Death
Funk Police – Red Blood Black Boobs
Golden Void – The Curve
Fury – Flying
Harvey Mandel – The Lark
May Blitz – For Mad Men Only
Fuzzy Duck – Double Time Woman
Pretty – Mustache In Your Face
XIT – I Was Raised
Bobb Trimble – Angel Eyes

No comments: